The INSIDE World Festival of Interiors 2018, the sister event to the World Architecture Festival (WAF), is a three-day celebration of outstanding interiors taking place from 28-30 November. For 2018, this inspiring event for design professionals and architects takes place at the RAI Amsterdam. INSIDE combines keynote talks from industry experts, chaired by renowned architect and author Nigel Coates (also part of the event’s 2018 Super Jury), live judging presentations from more than 500 award finalists, as well as an international product exhibition and multiple networking events.
With just a few weeks until doors open, here is a selection of five highlights not to be missed:
1. The MaterialDistrict Pop-up Pavilion in the main conference hall. Look no further for hands-on material inspiration, with more than 100 innovative material brands showcasing products such as acoustic origami wallpaper, vegan ‘leather’ and lightweight panels made from hemp.
2. An INSIDE World Festival of Interiors 2018 keynote on the main stage, featuring celebrated Czech architect Eva Jiřičná who co-founded the practice AI-DESIGN, takes place on Wednesday 28 November,12:00-12:40pm. This session looks at the ‘Multifaceted and ever-changing face of identity’. Her practice is internationally renowned for being at the forefront of innovation in form, technology, detailed design, using glass, stone and steel. Eva is the recipient of high profile awards including the Jane Drew Prize from the Architectural Association and Lifetime Achievement Award from the Czech Ministry of Culture for her contribution to the architectural profession.
3. The INSIDE World Festival of Interiors hub will offer all interior design professionals a space to discuss and network in a design-orientated space. All of the 2018 shortlist projects will be displayed on the INSIDE interactive screen, so delegates can get a chance to see all shortlisted projects over a coffee, or a drink at the INSIDE bar, which will be open through the duration of the event.
4. An INSIDE World Festival of Interiors 2108 keynote on the main stage with Christina Seilern, principal of Studio Seilern Architects, taking place on Wednesday 28 November, 16:00 – 16:40pm. Her internationally acclaimed projects including multi-award winning Gota Dam Residence in East Africa (RIBA International Awards 2013). She was previously the founding director of Rafael Viñoly Architects’ London office before setting her own practice in 2006.
5. Miele panel discussion takes place on Thursday 29th November 10:50 – 11:30, at Festival Hall Stage with Andreas Enslin, head of design at Miele and Nicola Leonardi, publisher and founder of THE PLAN and chaired by Bob Sheil, Professor of Architecture and Design through Production at UCL Barlett. This session will explore the intrinsic relationship between design, manufacturing and its specifiers and end users.
For more details on the World Architecture Festival WAF and INSIDE World Festival of Interiors 2018 please visit: www.insidefestival.com, www.worldarchitecturefestival.com #WAF2018 #INSIDE2018 @Insidefestival @worldarchfest
…and if you can’t make it we will be there for you: follow the World Architecture Festival 2018 with #architectoursWAF18 @architectours.it